SIGN-UP TODAY TO GET VACINATED
Published on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
To all Local 350 Members,
You are now eligible to make an appointment to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Please read all the information provided, schedule an appointment and complete all necessary forms as soon as possible.
Please try to schedule your appointment BEFORE April 5th. On April 5th, the general public is able to schedule appointments which will make is more difficult to schedule an appointment. If you do not see appointments available please keep checking back to the Washoe County website for available time slots.
The link to make your appointment on line is:
Please read the email below from the Washoe County Website.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL!!
Washoe County Health District now invites your prioritized employer group to schedule COVID-19 vaccinations. This invitation is for your organization and workforce only, including employees, temporary staff and contractors. It is not to be shared with family members or friends regardless of their risk.
If you cannot commit to getting your 2nd dose of vaccine in EXACTLY 3 or 4 weeks, depending on the manufacturer, please select another day. If you have received any vaccine within the last 2 weeks, you must wait at least 2 weeks from that vaccine before you can receive the COVID vaccine.
- Employees must show proof of employment from your organization to receive the vaccine. Only current staff are eligible for the vaccine. If your company does not have ID badges or other credentials, employees may provide a recent paystub or a letter from the organization stating the employee name and position.
- Photo ID is needed.
- There are some reports of mild to moderate vaccine reactions which may produce COVID-19 like symptoms for 1 to 2 days. Plan accordingly to minimize any disruptions to your business operations due to staff calling out with COVID-19 like symptoms.
- WCHD is only offering the second dose of all vaccines on the exact date as recommended by the manufacturer. Adhering to these follow up appointments is vital to the consistency of efforts and efficacy of the vaccine. WCHD can NOT guarantee that second dose vaccine will be available on dates other than what is provided. We ask all employers to be flexible with your staff and allow them to make their scheduled second dose appointment dates for the benefit of your staff and the general public.
Staff MUST make their own appointment on-line at:
Please Note: Schedule your vaccine promptly as appointments fill up quickly. If this occurs, you will not see any available appointments for scheduling. If this occurs, please do NOT email us. Instead, check the schedule daily for any new openings.
All vaccine distribution will occur at the Reno Livestock Events Center parking lot. The entrance for vaccine distribution is gate four, which is located on Sutro Street close to Oddie Boulevard. Please refer to the attached map for the site traffic flow pattern.
Other important reminders:
- Vaccine distribution is both time and vaccine limited. If you miss your scheduled time, you may not receive a future opportunity to receive the vaccine until it becomes available to the general population.
- The vaccine to be provided may require two (2) doses. The initial vaccination date will have a second vaccination date 21 or 28 days later depending on the manufacturer. WCHD will be administering vaccine that is allocated by the State of Nevada. There will be no ability to determine or select which manufacture’s vaccine will be offered.
- Any individual who is currently sick or under isolation or quarantine for COVID-19 is not eligible to receive the vaccine until they are symptom free and/or released based on CDC guidelines.
- It is best practice to wait for 15 minutes after your vaccination before leaving the vaccination site. A location is provided for everyone to wait in their cars, and Emergency Medical Services are available if there are any immediate adverse reactions.
- Please wear clothing that allows quick and easy access to the upper arm.
- Expect to wait. The Washoe County Health District is doing everything possible to make this as fast and efficient as possible, but due to high patient volume wait times may vary.
- If you have additional questions or concerns contact the vaccination team email@example.com.
Washoe County Health District
COVID Response Team
COVID-19 Screening (English)
COVID-19 Screening (Spanish)
Notice of Health Information (English)
Notice of Health Information (Spanish)
Map of Vaccination Location